Friday, January 14, 2011

The Five Days of Quorra V


Quorra From Tron © Walt Disney Pictures

By Corey Breen
Pencil


So here it is, the LAST Quorra pin-up! This was actually my third attempt at Quorra, and probably my favorite. It's a more subdued, classic standing super hero pose, and yet a very elegant one. It's a little less stylized then the other ones, and more so then I usually draw, but I think that's why it works so well. Sometimes it best to just be a little more realistic in your anatomy to make a character stand out as a real person. A little bit more boring then the others, maybe, but I think the finished pencils really make her pop and give her an sense of weight.

Below is the initial line drawing. No changes on this one, I just went right to finished pencils.

So that's it! That's the last one. Later on today I will post them all side by side with numbers one through five, and post a poll right on the Blog to the right of my page, and you can decide which one you like best, and which ever one wins, I will do in full pen and ink and color!

The poll will end, let's say... Tuesday, January 18th at 10am!

Can't wait!

Hope you enjoyed this character study, and that if you haven't already, go check out Tron: Legacy movie!

One last note on these before I sign off. One of the best things I got from this, was that if you draw one character lots of times, you really get the feel for that character, and you can draw them in any pose or angle. That's REALLY important, especially when you need to be consistent on the look and mannerisms of who you are drawing. I know that's one thing animators do so well, like Disney artists and the like. I know that if you asked me, I can now draw Quorra at any time, without any reference! Cool beans.

CjB

PS- Is it me, or does Quorra (Olivia Wilde) look a LOT like Catherine Zeta Jones? Look it up, you'll see what I mean! LOL


Quorra From Tron © Walt Disney Pictures
By Corey Breen
Pencil

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark