Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sketch Attack - Re-imagining Dick Tracy




Dick Tracy © Chester Gould
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Photoshop Colors & Illustrator


For this week's Sketch Attack, the assignment was to Re-imagine Dick Tracy.  I decided to do a modern take, showing the Dick Tracy of the very near future, 2014.

In 2014, I imagine that there will be hologram watches.  Apple already has iPod watches.  The next step is iPhone watches, a smaller version of the iPhone that you can wear as a watch.  And when that happens, you will be able to Facetime on the iPhone watch.  How amazing would THAT be?  I ALWAYS wanted Dick Tracy's watch.  More then anything as a kid (and there was a lot to choose from) I wanted his watch.  I had the toy of it when the movie came out in 1990, but it didn't really work that well, and no one wanted to wear the second watch, lol.

Then, after all that, I think Apple will come out with holograms.  Just like Star Wars.  People will get a call and POP, that person will come up as a hologram.  It's gonna be SO AWESOME!  Then this drawing will come true.  Hologram Peopletime © watches.

Hope you like it.  Man I LOVE Dick Tracy.  I don't know WHY I don't own the movie, but I have to remedy that immediately.  Below is the b/w drawings and the color file sans logos.

CjB





Dick Tracy © Chester Gould
By Corey Breen
Pencil






Dick Tracy © Chester Gould
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Illustrator





Dick Tracy © Chester Gould
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Photoshop Colors

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark