Saturday, June 9, 2012

52 by 1 - Red Lanterns #1




Red Lanterns © DC Entertainment
"52 by 1"
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Markers


FINALLY! This piece took me way longer then I thought it would.  The pencils were actually finished early last week, but I just couldn't get around to the tones until Thursday.  Once I started on it though, I had a BLAST!  I think it came out really dope!  Great bunch of characters.  I like the comic a lot and LOVE their portrayal on the cartoon show on Cartoon Network's DC Nation!

I totally need a break from the multiple character covers though, so I'm very glad that the next bunch of "52 by 1" covers I'm doing feature solo books.  Speaking of which, next up for the project is

The Flash
Static Shock
Superboy
Deathstroke
Batgirl

While I work on those, I still have a TON more stuff to post and show you all, and I can't WAIT until Wednesday when Batman #10 comes out and I can post my drawing inspired by that issue which is now one of my favorite pieces I've EVER done!  So be here Wednesday for that!

Oh, I also wanted to say that the New York Comic Con is quickly approaching and I'm going to have to start getting my stuff together REALLY soon for it.  If anyone has ANY requests as far as any pieces form the LAST TWO YEARS they would like me to make a poster or print or postcard of, let me know!  I totally want to make all the pieces everyone loves available at the show for you to purchase in multiple formats!

Speaking of purchasing from me, my commission list is ALWAYS open!  Please do NOT hesitate to ask me about my rates and procedures to get one.   I think I may be making a form to download and submit to make it easier for you to request commissions for me to do.

Oh, OH!  Also... I will be setting up a BRAND new STORE right HERE on the Blog through Bigcartel.com where you will be able to PURCHASE a lot of my ORIGINAL artwork!  Be on the look out for that update, but I'll be sure to let you know when the store is up and running!

Ok, well, have a GREAT weekend, and I'll talk to you all on Wednesday!

Be sure to pick up your copy of Batman #10 before visiting here though!

CjB


PS- Below is the Red Lanterns piece sans Logos and then Sans Logos & Markers!
Enjoy!




Red Lanterns © DC Entertainment
"52 by 1"
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Markers





Red Lanterns © DC Entertainment
"52 by 1"
By Corey Breen
Pencil

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark