Thursday, February 2, 2012

"52 by 1" - Week 4 - Batwing #1


Batwing © DC Comics
"52 by 1"
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Letraset Markers


Month number one is IN THE BOOKS! Whew! Good stuff. I feel this Batwing cover is my best one yet, and I think I'm REALLY on a roll with these right now. I Feel like I have no rust what-so-ever and I can draw the heck out of these 52 covers from here on out! So far so good though, and somewhat on schedule! Hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I am!

Quick note on this one, and why I am so happy with it...

I put the Copics aside for this piece, mainly because they were drying out really fast, and I don't have the money for more right now. Instead I used my Letraset Markers I got from my wife last Christmas I never opened because I was saving them. I enjoy the Letraset Markers 500 times more then the Copics. For some reason, I just LOVE them. Copics are cool and all, but I feel the MOST comfortable with the Letrasets. I think it's because with Letraset Markers I can go from light to dark, and I can keep building and building tones on top of each other for a GREAT value of depth. With Copics it's really just 'BLAM', the tone goes down and there is no blending or building up of layers. It is a set tone, there is no leeway.

I will be investing in a ton more Letraset Markers now, and less on the Copics. I think it's also the fact that Copics are more of a brush, and I am much more comfortable with a nib! Be it mechanical pencil over graphite, or marker tip over marker brush or ink brushes, I like a fine point, and always have.

Well, enough of all that. On to finish the SUICIDE SQUAD #1 cover, which is next up. The NEW Harley Quinn costume!

HOT!

See ya in a bit,

Corey Breen

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark