Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sketch Attack - Final Fantasy XIII-2


Final Fantasy XIII-2 © Square-Enix
By Corey Breen
Pencil

Really proud of this one. I never really do HOMAGES, but I'm really happy with how this one came out! One of my favorite images OF ALL TIME is the Joe Mad! Final Fantasy VIII drawing of Squall vs. Seifer, shown here below.


Final Fantasy VIII by Joe Mad!

I decided to draw the same pose but use Final Fantasy XIII-2 characters Lightning vs. Caius. If you think this was EASY, think AGAIN! The easy thing would have been to draw a NEW, original idea. But because I wanted to do a true homage to this piece I needed to really try and match the positioning of the figures, and that was NOT easy, let me tell you. It was hard because the characters were so different (mainly because of their costumes) and it really took a lot of sketching and erasing to work out how Joe fit all of it together so well!

But in the end, this was a LOT of fun to create, and again, like I said, I am REALLY proud of this piece and I think it really stands next to Joe Mad!'s piece really well, which was my point, and goal with this piece. Joe Mad! is my all time favorite bar none, and to be able to put myself in his shoes for just a little bit was SO COOL!

Hope you like it, and hope everyone is glued to their consoles playing FFXIII-2! I think I will do an inked and colored version of this one too, so be on the look out for that in the future!

KUPO!

CjB

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark