Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And the NEW Batgirl is...?


Batgirl © DC Comics 2009
By Corey Breen
Pen & Ink Wash & Whiteout


Pen & Ink & Photoshop


Pen & Ink & Photoshop


Pencil

I know who it is under the mask, but I'm NOT telling. Confidentiality Agreement and all that. Bummer, huh? LOL

But I can say that it's REALLY cool, and that a lot of Batman fans will be psyched! It will all be announced soon. I love when new characters take over or new costumes revealed, especially when it is a mystery as to who is under the mask! I don't think the mystery will be a part of the story, but as of right now, I can't say who it is. Any guesses?

I will actually shut up now, and just let the art speak for itself. I talk too much sometimes, and for this Blog entry, I'll just let you enjoy the art. It was really fun to do, and very experimental for me. I tried a whole bunch of inking techniques, and after becoming very frustrated, I think I finally came out with something very cool. Let me know what you think! Do you like the ink wash final more, or just the straight up inks? Or maybe just the look of the line art? Or should I have never inked it the first place, because my inks suck, and I should stick to pencils? LOL

More Batman family goodness later in the week! Happy Hump Day! Happy Comic Book Day!

CjB

1 comment:

MitchyMitchyMitchy said...

I really like the shadow behind her. Reminds me of Sam Keith style for some reason.. The jagged edge.

New batgirl huh? I know batman died and there's a battle for the cowl.

I just don't get it. Doesn't everyone think Dick should be the new batman... and with Kingdom Come part of regular continuity (kinda) doesn't it make the most sense for him to take over.. or become red robin already.

I don't really read batman much, but when it's good, it's good. I did read Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader though and really liked it, but I'm a Gaiman junkie.

Share

Share/Bookmark