Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Uh Oh, it's Magic...


Efron Designs © Corey Breen 2009
Pencil

Above is a character I designed. It was gonna be for Zuda Comics' launch, hence the card it was drawn on. But I did a Batman one that I sent it instead that was posted on their site a while back. Didn't want to give Zuda a character I created on my own. Anyway, this is a character I named Efron, who is an elf of sorts, and I kind of dig him. He looks cool with his Final Fantasy-esqe water-sword.

I have a TON of creator owned characters and ideas that I'm always working on, but never seem to have the time to just create them. I always start by trying to create a "bible" for the ideas and design a book like it was a video game. But I always seem to only get so far, and then move on to another idea, drawing, or project. My attention span is way too wavering sometimes. I need to just focus on one idea, one book, one character, and sit my a$ down and create it. I hope to do that with SaricH, and just write, and draw it, and stop procrastinating. I have the idea, the plot, and a bunch of designs for characters, so it's just a matter of doing it. I'm hoping working on the sculpture will help get into doing the book.

If I do a book, I can just print it myself as a graphic novel someday or something (obviously after I don't work at DC anymore). But I need to start now. Just focus on SaricH and try to get a book written and drawn. I know I can do it, I just need to start. Much like everything else in my life, once I start something, I have to see it through til the end. So I know if I start a book of my own, I wont stop until I finish it. If it takes five months or five years, I will do this. I wanna follow in the footsteps of one of my comic idols, Dave Sim. If I can have something like the first volume of Cerebus or something, then I will be beyond happy with myself.

I just need to stop being so "lazy" with my creator owned projects.

CjB

Below is some art by Brett Booth that I found from his deviant art site (link found in my links on this page or at http://demonpuppy.blogspot.com/). I really LOVE these drawings. They are so AWESOME! Brett gets a bad rap from a lot of people, and I think it's a little unfair. Yes, he has a very stiff style sometimes, but when he creates characters like this, I think he is AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE anamorphic characters, and I hope to create some just like these below for any book I do.

Thanks for the inspiration Brett! Awesome Designs! Make me want to just create characters for a living, like a lead character designer for a video game or movie ( my DREAM job). It may be too late for me to do that, but if I can use inspiration like this and put it to good use, I'll be content. Enjoy!


Lioness © Brett Booth


White Lion © Brett Booth

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark