Sunday, March 11, 2012

"52 by 1" - Week 9 - Grifter


Grifter © DC Comics
Created by Jim Lee
By Corey Breen

And now... Grifter #1!

I've always LOVED Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S and it's characters. I grew up in the 90's and Image comics and all it entails we're my idols and heroes even more so then Marvel or DC characters.

As I got older, Jim Lee's characters were really the only ones who kept getting cooler and cooler as the years went buy after they were bought by DC. Between Alan Moore's stuff with the INCREDIBLE Travis Charest (who drew the BEST Grifter along with Aaron Wiesenfeld) to Dustin Nguyen's awesome run with Joe Casey, WildC.A.T.S have always been an awesome cast of characters! This is really the first time I think I've ever drawn any of them though, and that's a shock, and one I am glad I remedied.

I hope you like my version of Grifter. And be sure to pick up the new series, it is one FIRE right now, and it seems like Rob Liefeld is gonna bring the HOUSE down in upcoming issues!

I actually dedicate this piece to my buddy Joe Mulvey (@JoeMulv) who is a HUGE fan of Grifter! I do this not only because he likes the character so much, but because Joe is an amazing inspiration to me. This is because of his work ethic, his drive, his determination and his talent for making comic books. He is the epitome of how it is done; through hard work and not stopping until you achieve your goals. For him, that goal is to make comic books and he is doing it and doing it WELL!

I thank him for reminding me everyday to work hard and draw, draw, DRAW until your hand bleeds.

Thanks Joe, this one's for you!

Be sure to check his ongoing comic book, SCAM from Comix Tribe right here at this link-


Next up for me is the week nine's "52 by 1" piece. It is Superman #1!

Before THAT though, I have an AWESOME piece I want to share with you tomorrow that I'm really proud of and excited to show you!

Til Monday,

CjB

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark