Saturday, June 26, 2010

USA! USA! USA!


USA forward Landon Donovan
By Corey Breen
Pencil
Based on a Photo by EPA


2pm! June 27th! ABC! Estados Unidos vs. Ghana for a chance to go to the FIFA World Cup Quarter Finals!

GO USA! GO USA! GO USA!

Good luck USA, and even if you lose, thank you so much for that win over Algeria! I will never forget where I was with my coworkers, in front of my computer, streaming live from http://atdhe.net/ and the reaction we all had watching it! When they scored, I jumped about 10 feet in the air right on to my coworker, Julio, who was delirious in excitement! It was one of the best celebrations I've ever had, and reminded me much of when the NY Giants won the Superbowl. Nothing will ever match THAT, but this was so exhilarating and my heart was beating so fast for hours after the victory!

It was sports at it's VERY BEST, as well as ultimate pride in your country! Very proud of of our team, and I hope I captured even a little bit of that excitement in my drawing of the winning goal at 91 minutes this past Wednesday!

I'm very nervous about the game, I want us to win so badly, yet very EXCITED to just watch them play and root them on! So, Let's do THIS, USA!

Corey


Share/Bookmark


Share

Share/Bookmark