Friday, March 27, 2009

Invincible WAR!


Invincible Pin-Up
Pen & Ink, Marker & white Out, & Photoshop

I know I said I was would have a Cylon drawing for you by the end of the week, but I finished this Invincible piece first! I did the drawing in pencil, then inked the figure and did him up in my Prisma Color Markers. I then scanned it in, and touched it all up in Photoshop. I had some yellow highlights on the figure, but it didn't look right, so I painted them out in Photoshop.

Then I did the background. I drew the box and colored it in gray Letraset Markers, and splattered it with marker and white out. Then I scanned that in, and changed the color to a nice subtle orange. Then I placed it in back of the figure, flatened it, and there you have the final piece above.

I am done with the Cylon drawing, but I want to do that one up in the grey markers too, to make it look REALLY cool, so I needed more time with that piece. I will try to finish it this weekend, inbetween my 50 new cards I'm handling.

Hope you like the Invincible pin-up, and I hope you are reading the book. Big things went down in the latest issue, that change everything about the book, and it continues to be one of, if not the best super-hero book on the market. Go back and get the trades and catch up, I highly recommend it!

Well, it's off to watch the Syracuse Basketball game, and then get home and start on the cards again. I'll be back with the Cylon pic...

Corey


Inks on Figure


Inks on Background

P.S.- SPECIAL THANKS goes out to the kids at Isaac E. Young Middle School, where I taught art classes yesterday! What a great school, and AMAZINGLY talented kids! This was the third time teaching there, and the BEST yet! Thank you to the school, Scott Misner, and the children for having me as a guest, and I hope to do it again soon!

1 comment:

MitchyMitchyMitchy said...

I've been reading Invincible in Hard Covers only. I Have only read through book 3. Needless to say, I'm way behind. I hope to catch up one day.

Share

Share/Bookmark