Friday, August 17, 2012

52 by 1 - OMAC #1



OMAC © DC Entertainment
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Marker




OMAC © DC Entertainment
By Corey Breen
Pencil & Marker





OMAC © DC Entertainment
By Corey Breen
Pencil


Another book I don't think people gave a chance to.  It was fun!  Wow, imagine that?  A FUN comic book?  No wonder it didn't sell (sic).  I don't get it.  But whatever.  I'm glad that this incarnation lives on in the  JLI comic.  No wait, that book is cancelled now too.  WHAT IS WRONG with you people?  UGH!  LOL  Well, at least the character will continue on in DCU Presents and just be in the new DCU.  I hope it's not the last we see of him either way, because i really love the design and the re-imagining of the character here.

I'm really happy with this piece mainly because it tells a story, and I need to do more of these type of covers, rather then the classic pin-up covers.  I originally thumbed out this piece while trying to draw the Demon Knights cover, and it had OMAC in more of a straight up standing posture over the child. I liked it a lot, but I changed it to having OMAC kind of hunched over the child and I think it works so much better.  The key is... don't you just want to READ the HELL out of this?  If this was the cover to OMAC, I would totally buy it, just to see what it is that is going on between OMAC and this kid.  I think the BEST covers are ones that make you want to run home and read the comic you just bought.

No one ever really comments on my Blog anymore, so I guess just enjoy the 24th cover in "52 by 1".  Demon Knights and Green Lantern coming up next, and I'll finally hit the half way point!  Crazy, huh?!

Also, the unveiling of the cover to the second volume of The Art of Corey Breen, which will be sold exclusively at New York Comic Con in October!

Til next time,

CjB


No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark