Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wish I Could Fly Like Supergirl!


Supergirl © DC Comics

By Corey Breen
Photoshop



Supergirl © DC Comics
By Corey Breen
Digital Inks in Photoshop



Supergirl © DC Comics

By Corey Breen
Pencil

Was just killing time, and decided to redesign Supergirl. I wanted something more retro, so I went with a VERY simple yet padded body suit. Much like my Superman redesign, I picture the Superman Family to have outfits that are sleek like The Flash and like swimmers in real life. The cape is the only thing that should be flowing from Superman or Supergirl. As cute as her mini-skirt is, and as much as I love drawing heart a hint of panties (heh he), it just doesn't make sense. Neither does the bike shorts under the mini-skirt. That is just dumb. She's not playing field hockey. lol

I always think too, that the more clothes on a female character, the sexier they are; I dunno, I just do sometimes.

So, hope you like it. Couple last notes on this though. One, as you can see, I did the inks digitally on my Cintique. Two, while coloring it, I played around with different hairstyles and then completely flopped the head horizontally. I think that works better. Let me know what you think!

Corey


Here is the other version, with her head the other way, just in case you want to compare:



Supergirl © DC Comics
By Corey Breen
Photoshop

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark