Friday, August 23, 2013

Waking up to a new Beginning!


The Wake © Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy
By Corey Breen
Gift to The Wake Vertigo Editor
Pencil & Marker

After 13 years I finally had to say goodbye to DC Comics.  After interning in the summer before my Senior year at Syracuse University in 1999, and joining the staff soon after graduating in 2000, I have worked at DC my entire career.  Earlier this August my wife accepted a job in Virginia and we followed her career there, leaving DC Comics and leaving New York entirely.

As hard a thing as it was to say goodbye to my job, my home, my routine and family and friends, I am ready to embark on the next phase of my life.  This piece above, which was a gift to a great friend and colleague, the editor to my favorite comic book right now, The Wake, will forever represent the moment that that phase of my life was put to rest.

It's time to start a new chapter and face new challenges.  I hope you all continue to follow me and wish me luck in whatever the future holds.

CjB

No comments:

Share

Share/Bookmark